Sunday, May 7, 2017

What'd Red Do This Week

Back in the habit, so let's see what I need this week, shall we?
Citizening
  • Reached out to local reps about the tax plan that, SURPRISE, benefits rich people and businesses. 
  • I had reached out last week about the ridiculous, stupid, and vindictive? (cos it feels vindictive) healthcare plan. While my local rep voted against it (which I mean, come on, I'm kind of responsible for) it passed the house. Now all of those who DID vote for it need to hear from everyone who is angry at that decision.
Reading
I finished The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake and now i'm making my way through both White Trash and We Are Never Meeting in Real Life by Samantha Irby. I went on a bit of a requesting spree at Netgalley and I'm SUPER EXCITED ABOUT THIS.

Listening
I'm all caught up on My Favorite Murder which is both a pleasure and a curse so I've had to find other podcasts. Or go back to neglected ones. So I listened to a few episodes of Stuff You Missed in History Class, some Freakonomics, and then a co-worker mentioned another true crime podcast, Up and Vanished, which I've been binging on. Form pageant contestant and teacher in a small school goes missing and the case has been cold for 11 years. Yuuuup.

Watching
Still some Burn Notice, but also been going through the new Bill Nye Saves the World. Oh and Jeopardy! which I started watching again, at least when the DVR is working. Sometimes it decide that every other show will record BUT NOT THAT ONE. Rude.