Monday, March 5, 2018

February Reading Wrap Up

Only 2 posts in all of February. I know, that is terrible. I didn't mean for that to happen, but here we are. It was a rough month in terms of reading as well. At least in amount read. In quality read, it was pretty good. (I know I'm way late to this party, but if you haven't read The Hate U Give you should stop what you're doing and go read it because it was so so so so so good.) I still have excuses which I won't get into here but just know that a) I'm fine and b) they're good excuses. I'll get to them eventually.

For now know that I am trying to get better with posting and commenting.

With that, let's get to the stats

Number of books read
3
The Merry Spinster by Mallory Ortberg
The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
Anatomy of a Miracle by Jonathan Miles

Total pages read
1,033

Fiction
100%

POC authors
33%

Female authors
33%*

US authors
100%
Book formats
ebook: 100%

Where'd I get the book
Kindle/audible: 33%
Netgalley: 67%

Review books
67%

Books by decade
2010s: 100%

Resolution books
33%
The Hate U Give by a POC author

Here's to March being more successful in amount reading, in posting, in commenting. All around, more success.

*If you are curious about this stat when compared to the books read list, Mallory Ortberg, according to this article, is in the process of transitioning and this says will be using male pronouns and male name. While the name on the book is still Mallory I left that as is rather than listing him as Mal.